Monday 10 August 2015

What do harps have to do with emotions anyway?

The harpist played …… and it was nice. I listened respectfully thinking that I should be enjoying it more than this, I watched the movements of his hands and felt …… nothing much. 

That is until he played a tune called Lily’s lullaby. And I was moved. It stirred and stimulated emotions I was not intending to feel. My tears were wet on my face and my feelings from deep within the pool of my being were swimming around in response. And I marveled at the way music has an uncanny knack of reaching that part of me. But not all music, I did not respond to all the music he played, just that one piece.


Somehow certain music can connect with some part of me which often catches me off guard and I find myself transported to an emotional state of such clear and pure beauty. I experience joy, exhilaration, elation and deep feelings of love of such intensity, like both the point of a pinnacle and a warm blanket wrapping around me at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment